The tragic legend of the Comedian, the hidden treasure of Captain Roa, stories of bandits or strange sightings in the night sky, are some of the many stories that are jealously guarded between the walls of the Torcal de Antequera and that we will tell you in the Legends and Mysteries at sunset.
Next departures 2022
- July: 9 (6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.) and 23 (6:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.)
- August: 6 (6:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.) and 20 (6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
- Also available for private groups on demand and with more advantageous rates. Do not hesitate to request rates without obligation at email@example.com
Visit schedule (according to season) and Meeting point
This guided tour depends on the time of sunset and the schedule varies according to the time of year, between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. The participant will receive a personalized message specifying the correct time according to the reserved date. The activity lasts approximately 3.50 hours.
Meeting point at Torcal Alto Visitor Center about 30 minutes before departure.
More information about “Legends and Mysteries at sunset”
- Interpretive hiking route through the Torcal de Antequera Natural Park (path not marked, guide required). After the reception of participants in the CV Torcal Alto, the guide will welcome the natural area and will explain the basic safety regulations, as well as the route to be taken. The visit ends again in the same Visitor Center. The tour will approach places of great scenic interest, linked to legends or popular stories
- Length (approx.): 4km
- Route type: Circular
- Terrain: Very irregular and rocky
- Difficulty: Medium (not recommended for people with reduced mobility, operated or delicate knees or hips, in poor physical shape, or children under 8 years of age)
- Duration with interpretive stops (approx.): 3.50 hours
- The guide will make various stops along the route to interpret the landscape to tell the most famous legends that are known about the Torcal de Antequera, as well as some other unsolved mystery
- The guide may vary the tour at his discretion, to improve the experience of the participants
- 10€/children under 12
- Reduced rates for groups from 15 people. Request more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
* This activity only covers the guide service of the monitors, the necessary materials and the relevant insurance. In no case it is included the transport to the places where the activities are carried out nor the victualling.
** The activity will be suspended if a minimum number of registered participants is not reached. In this case, participants will be notified by e-mail (check that you have correctly entered your e-mail address in the booking form and also your “Spam” or “SPAM” folder).
- Wear enough warm clothing and long pants. Remember: higher altitude, lower the temperature. Check forecast here. Also, in summer there are many thorny plants. Long pants prevent injuries.
- Hiking boots or trekking shoes. Due to the irregular and steep terrain, it is strongly discouraged to choose any other type of footwear.
- Small backpack with water and some food.
- The trail is very rocky and slippery. For this reason, this activity is not recommended for people with leg problems (weak knees, ankles or hips), nor for those under 6 years of age. If the guide believes that a person will not be able to make the visit safely, he will ask you to leave for his own safety. The organization could deny participation to those who do not have minimum requirements to carry out the activity.
- Pets: Pets are allowed in the Natural Park (they must be tied and the owner must have all the documentation in order). You must keep in mind that you are in a Protected Natural Area with specific regulations.
- The use of the mask will be mandatory or recommended, according to the regulations on the day of the visit.
- Smoking is prohibited during the development of the activity. Remember that we are in a natural area of high ecological value, and the summer months are considered to be at high risk of fire.
For more information and reservation problems
- The booking platform has bugs on Ipad and Iphone. If you have problems, please contact or try another device.